Happiness is, when we found our music-soulmate, a loved ones who always have that “same pleasure” when you both talk about music. The weirdest, the loudest, the un-populer… so many things and you just enjoy the convo.
One of my music soulmate, a friend since I was in college, sent me her must-listen music list. It’s quite fun–and memorable moment–because she’s in Bandung while I’m in Jakarta. It’s like, we share some personal music-memory-journey thru–I fuckin’ don’t know– 100 KM aparts?
- Yael Meyer – Backbone – Yes, it’s remind me of Maradilla.
- The Magic Numbers – Love’s A Game – Instantly became my favorite.
- The Honey Trees – To Be With You – I feel you!
- The Cardigans – Communication – Knew the song before you gave the list, and I more fall in love with the song.
- The 1975 – Robbers – Hey, me falling in love at the first too.
- Soko – Take My Heart – “Not every heart, belongs to any other….”
- Sandhy Sandoro – End Of The Rainbow – Mmmm, not really agree with you at this part. Or it’s because I simply didn’t like Sandhy Sandoro? 😛
- Ruben Hein – Everybody’s Talkin’ – I LIKE HIM! MY GOD!
- Nouvelle Vague – Love Will Tear Us Apart – I imagine myself at Paris, sip a black coffee with butter croissant.
- James Bay – Hold Back The River – Me like him too.
- Budapest – Is This The Best It Gets – What kind of memories, Re? Anyway, I love this song…
- Faith No More – Easy Like Sunday Morning – Never failed to calm me when I was in deadline thingy.
Well, I’m not gonna share every song she gave me, but here, I give my must-listen playlist for you, Re. Enjoy.
- Hozier – From Eden – Fuckin love him since the first time I see him singing. And he produces beautiful lyrics.
- Bombay Bicycle Club – Luna – I bet you knew the song. Like it because my ice cream business have a same title with their song.
- Calvin Harris – Outside – I cried when I heard this at the first time. I was in a club and the song was played by DJ Wingky. Stupid moment, ever.
- Feist – Mushaboom – It’s like my own mood-booster when PMS.
- Float – Pulang – Always imagine myself in a train, detach from everything/everyone I knew.
- Gabrielle Aplin – Human – The lyrics came from my heart. Literally.
- James Vincent McMorrow – Red Dust – Hear his “Post Tropical” album when I was in Batam, sitting by the beach, alone. Best moment with myself.
- The Naked & Famous – Punching In A Dream – Always spent a late night with this song when I was in college, especially when deadline time.
- Paloma Faith – It’s The Not Knowing – A song when I’m in broken-heart stage, found it & enjoying it since 3 months ago. HA-HA-HA.
- Paolo Nutini – Coming Up Easy – Listen this with your future husband while you both have a morning brunch. Adeeeem.
- Stacey Kent – Breakfast On The Morning Tram – YOU, alone, at new city, being wanderlust for a moment. Heard this while I was in Jogjakarta, second day, breakfast…
- Curtis Mayfield & The Impressions – People Get Ready – Heartwarming. Song before sleep.
- The Cocteau Twins – Pearly Dewdrops’ Drops – Listening to this & I got 10 pages for my short story. Hehehe.
- Babamars – Beautiful Sunday – Kinda of my Sunday morning song, changing it between Maroon 5 – Sunday Morning.
- Letters To Cleo – Cruel To Be Kind – My favorite movie with favorite soundtrack.
‘Till we meet again ya.